How to Pest-Proof Your HomeTrish Harvey | October 9, 2018 | 0 | Business Services
Choosing the best company to offer pest control in Penrith is one of the most important steps to fight pests at home. When you hire a professional to do the pest control, make sure they not only use effective methods designed for the specific type of pest you are dealing with, but also ensure it is safe for your family. But before you reach that point wherein you worry about your family’s health and the structural integrity of your home, you should focus on preventive efforts first. Prevention is still better than cure, after all.
The best method of pest control in Penrith is prevention. You need to learn how to detect the presence of pests and control them before they spread throughout your home. Furthermore, you should pest-proof your home to discourage pest infestation.
How do you discourage pests from infesting your home? You can follow these tips:
- Make sure you keep all of your food items and left-over food properly sealed and in the right container. Food can attract pests to come over and live in your home. By making sure food items are not sprawling around, you will not invite those pests in.
- Always clean your entire house, especially those areas often neglected. You will be surprised to see pests thriving under kitchen cabinets or areas of the house that are rarely seen. Aside from getting rid of food scraps (or storing them properly), throw away your trash on a regular (if possible, daily) basis.
- Keep your dumpster tightly closed. Again, any leftover food items or food scraps in the bin can encourage pests to live within your property.
- Always keep your storage areas and the entire house properly ventilated. Also, make sure there are no moist spots by cleaning them regularly and making sure it is dry.
- Avoid opening your doors for a long time as you can let the pests in without your knowledge. If you can install a screen door, that would be recommended so you can keep the pests at bay.
- Check your entire house for any holes or cracks that pests can use to get into your home. These cracks can serve as an entry point for these pests. The worst thing about these pests is that they live within the structure of your home, which gradually degrades the overall structure without your knowledge.
- If you see any signs of decay in the building’s exterior structure, make sure to have it repaired immediately. Aside from the possibility that pests can cause the wood to deteriorate, it can also attract more pests into your home.
- Check the basement foundation for any loose mortar. Like decaying wood, this can also be cause for pest infestation. You need to check it regularly to ensure that you fix the problem as soon as possible.
Hiring a pest control in Penrith can be expensive depending on the extent of the pest problem. Hence, you should not take the issue lightly. Focus on preventing pests rather than treating or controlling them. This will guarantee that your house will last for several years and that your family’s health is not at risk.